Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Goodbye my Friend

Today I said goodbye to a very wonderful friend. She was a stalwart in the faith and I loved her dearly. For the past several weeks we knew she was going to leave us, and it was so hard to stand helplessly by as she suffered from cancer. I had a chance to visit with her and I am so blessed that I was over my illness long enough to do so. I don't know if I lifted her spirits as all I can do is cry. I am going to miss her so much. I have been blessed have known her since 1992, but our association increased since 1998. In church we seemed always be working together on something, whether it was planning the music for Sunday sacrament meetings, Relief Society music, primary music, Relief Society lessons, teaching primary and the best blessing of having her as a visiting teacher particularly through the tough times of PPD with Abbie. I could cry on her shoulder, and did so not too long before her diagnosis, when she knew I was suffering for the loss of another friend in a different manner. She loved music and we could talk about all kinds of music we loved, particularly the hymns of the gospel, both of us loving Come Thou Fount of Many Blessings and Our Saviors Love. I shall miss that we will not be able to do a Christmas Song we dreamed of doing in ward Choir, "What Sweeter Music, by John Rutter. We loved the primary songs and had fun trying to figure out which songs we could squeeze in to teach the children besides the ones in the yearly outline. She taught me how to make vinegar bottles. If there is one thing I knew it was she loved me for me, despite my opinionated being. She was a peacemaker, a woman of poise and grace. She loved life, and mostly her family. I have only known a handful of people with her kind of love and acceptance. The biggest irony is the knowledge that my grief and sorrow will ebb with time, and I will not miss her so much. I don't want that to happen. I look forward to the time when we will meet again. There is a hole in my heart and I don't know who can replace her. I can't say I was her best friend in the Ward but I felt that she was mine. She had that ability. I am sure others feel that same. Good bye dearest, sweet Madge. Until we can meet again, and maybe I can someday learn to sing without crying and make you proud of me.

No comments: