Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Some Mormon apologetic readings

I have been doing more reading again in apologetic sources. It is something I do from time to time and I can credit my sister for helping me down this trek. Actually, I found myself defending the church and the gospel at age 18, my first quarter in College, away from home. It was an experience I will never forget. I have also defended the church on message boards years ago when I first entered the internet scene. I can't say I'm as good at this as my sister, but at least I know where to go look when I need to.

Here is an article I found today. I frankly found that last bit of it interesting to me. It talks about the different levels of faith and belief. Most members will sit on level A, nothing wrong with that, but when you hit level B, you leave or you have to move to level C. Get beyond that. I suppose I have gone from that point of sitting on level A, to B and C. It explains why I love the gospel discussions that are deep, beyond the regular basic answers, when others need that basics. Why we need the basics in general. I'm sure I'm not making sense, but when I read the article, much of my experiences since the summer of 1984 now makes sense.

Shaken Faith Syndrome
DNA and the Book of Mormon
"Uh oh!" to "Ah, ha!" in aplogetics

No comments: