Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Children's Discovery Museum

Since it has been Spring Break all week, Michael and I decided to take the girls to The Children's Discovery Museum today. We had a coupon for buy one get one free, and figured it would be some great fun. We didn't tell them where we were going but they tried to guess.

One of our pass times when we are in the car is a game called Bingo. We try to count how many yellow cars or small trucks/vans we can see on the road. Instead of a competition we work together, and you call Bingo whenever you see one. They had fun playing that but I finally decided that yellow cars are more popular in the county we live in.

When we pulled in the parking garage, Abbie started to holler that this is where we go to The Children's museum and got so excited.

Both girls were grinning and smiling and eyes were twinkly. We had lots of fun and left after a couple of hours. From my perspective it seemed more of a big play zone than an actual museum. I don't know, I guess I was expecting something more than what it was. So that was kind of sad, I was ready to buy a 6 month pass for the summer, but I'm not sure it is worth the drive up. Good thing the girls thought it was loads of fun.

We were going to take them to The Mayan for lunch but guess what, it isn't open for lunch on Friday's. Go figure so we ended up at Ruby River. Near the end of the meal they got so silly. Kendra was pretending to play a guitar and singing to the country music. All I could think it is is a good thing we don't have guitar hero or rock star in the house. :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun! I'm so excited to do surprise trips like that for Tobi when he's big enough. I'm glad the girlies had fun!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

What a great day!

We just went a couple months ago--we also had a coupon. My kids had so much fun, though my toddler tried to disappear on me several times.

If I could just find a time to go when it is not so busy I would get a season pass too. :)

Michael said...

It was fun, raincheck on the Mayan...

Wolf