Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Gratitude quote for the day.

"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help.

"We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues"

~ President Thomas S. Monson


Sometimes I think we forget how wonderful it is to be living at this time. This quote reminded me of President Hinckley and his sweet enthusiasm for the future. I believe the conditions in the world that cause so much stress, economy, war, uncertainty, often makes us forget the wonderful promises and prophecies of the future. Sure it is a time of the above, but it is a time of growth, looking forward to so many wonderful things to prepare for the coming of Christ. I think Satan would like us to forget the good and wants us to live in fear. I understand fear, I have it all the time, but hope is such a wonderful thing isn't it? Hope lets us look forward with gratitude and love.

1 comment:

T. F. Stern said...

I also quoted President Monson when I wrote about capturing the Hobo Kittens to take them in to be "fixed". If it weren't for a thick pair of leather gloves I have been in the hospital. Gratitude for a pair of gloves was expressed.