Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

You know it's bad when......

I have mentioned that we are driving a car that is on borrowed time. I think there is nothing worse than car trouble but even more so when there is nothing you can do to save the beast. Only keep adding oil, watching everything and pray and hope that you can squeeze out a few more months of use from the poor old thing that has served so many so well for so many years.

You know it is bad when picking up your daughter from preschool you see a lovely house for sale, that is just down the street, close to her school and an elementary school. Walking distance, how lovely it would be. We could have one car, and manage to get by until we saved enough for a down payment for another one. Unfortunately moving would mean getting a house ready for sale, which includes, new shingles on the roof, repair the ceiling where the leak has caused major damage, AGAIN, finishing the family room, repair the driveway that was shattered by a cement truck pouring the step we had to fix years ago because it was pulling on the door of the house making it so we could not open or shut the door if we did manage to get it open, as well as new carpet and paint.

It would cost us more to move so I guess we are stuck. How I wish I could live with one vehicle. It doesn't help that we are just inside the boundries so the girls would have a long walk to school, no busing for us. I wish I knew an answer because I still can't figure out what we will be able to do. At least we don't have year long school so Michael should be able to drive the van to work the majority of the hot summer and keep the little car parked through the extremely hot weather.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I share the sentiments, and too 'am grateful for what we have and pray and plan to work for better times and blessings. Love you, Wolf

Tigersue said...

Yeah, It was a bit of a whine. I know we will manage.

Kati said...

You should not ever let the thought of moving ever bother you again :) That may take away our title of "The coolest street in the whole wide world." Which is, by the way, p r i c e l e s s . . .