Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

So, So, tired; A Car Accident, and Kendra's wisdom.

I am so, so tired. I can't seem to get any energy. I wake up and want to go back to sleep. I have to force myself to do anything. Except cry sometimes. I'm glad I have the girls around they keep me on my toes and doing what I need to do. Sometimes all I want are the energy they have, and the energy to do with them the things that I need to do, want to do and should do. I am constantly afraid of failure, and not being able to keep up with everything.

The other day, I was out paying a bill and getting gas in the Van when I heard someone yell out, "Call 911". I turned around and say a new car accident, so new that I saw the driver of one vehicle fall out of his door and holler in pain as he tried to walk. I hurried and parked the van and walked over to the accident site. There was already another nurse there trying to calm a woman that was in emotional shock, so I tried to help the man I saw earlier. He was hobbling around and I tried my darnedest to get him to get down before he passed out. He refused saying it helped his leg if he stood, sitting caused it to hurt more. Eventually another person there helping and myself were able to convince him to get down in a more reclining position while we waited for the responders to come. He complained of chest pain, and his leg really started to hurt as his adrenaline wore down. Luckily the ambulance crew came shortly after and I was able to turn the care over to them.

What really struck me was the positions of the vehicles. We were on a busy road with traffic speeds around 40 miles an hour. Both vehicles were roughly in the same position they collided and neither was moved to much from how they were going, one east bound the other attempting a left turn. The vehicle turning left was a truck and the other car going east was a light sports car. I came to realize how fast the car must have been going that hit Natasha when I saw their positions. Even a slower left turn truck colliding with a fast moving lighter vehicle should have caused that car to spin a bit wouldn't you think? Natasha's car was heavier, and was forced around nearly 180 degrees and several yards from where she was turning. More than ever I am grateful she was okay because that accident showed me the force of the one she was in.


Kendra has said some interesting things lately.

Friday we had a really, really rough day with her. She was having constant temper tantrums and being sassy. It was pretty constant from the time she got up to the time she went to bed. As I was combing her hair she said this to me.

Mom, I have two heads, a naughty head and a good head. I need to stop listening to my naughty head.

How sweet was that?

We went to a retirement party for someone Michael worked with. While there the girls were playing with other girls and Kendra stopped and chatted with one of the moms. This is what she said.

"I'm never going to be a mother"
"Why not?"
"Because there is the boy named Dylan and he already has a girlfriend."

Made me laugh, honestly isn't 5 too young to be worrying about who you are going to marry?

As I always try to do when I tuck the girls to bed, I tell them how much I love them, and I am so grateful they are my daughters. I tell them I am so blessed that Heavenly Father sent them to me.
Kendra asked me,

"Mom how does Heavenly Father know who to send to what families?"

A pretty good question.
I told her he is much wiser than I am and he knows what we all need. Perhaps not much comfort for many, but somehow I have to trust in God's wisdom for all things.

No comments: