Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Kendra's Family Home Evening Lesson.

I can say, I am a fan of Family Home Evening, not so much a fan of the prepared lessons. Typically, I would use my Relief Society lessons for my FHE lessons and would give those. Now I teach primary and I have to come up with something else.

Today Kendra was to give the lesson and I didn't sit down and help her prepare for something. She wanted to do one on Jesus, (appropriate for this time of year), so I said we should talk about Samuel the Lamanite and his prophecies on the Savior's birth, since they learned the primary song, "Samuel Tells of Baby Jesus."

She started the lesson (without any prompting and no preparation with mom) asking 2 questions.

First to Collin; Why is Jesus our Lord?

Second to Mom; Why was Jesus Born?

Not bad for a little 5 year old is it? I could hardly say the closing prayer for my tears, so here I am crying, and blubbering and she is coaching me what to say in my prayer. I didn't know what was worse, my tears, or my laughing.

I love my little daughter, and her testimony touched my heart today.

No comments: