Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thanks to you all. Why I blog.

Thank you all for your comments yesterday, I have taken all of them to heart to think about.

I mentioned in my comments that I would address Sean's comments. (No this is not my Nephew Sean, but Sean that works with my hubby and I really, really, look forward to meeting this Saturday!)

This is his comment:
Respectfully, no. I won't give you reasons. Instead, I'd like to offer something I think is more valuable: questions. Why did you start blogging? Why did you keep doing it? What was it about it that made it worth doing for as long as you have ('cause you've obviously enjoyed and loved it for quite some time)? How important is your story and your truth to you? Not necessarily what others think of it, but your story and your truth?I learned awhile ago that not everyone will like what I have to say. In some cases, it's worth it to not say it, or at least not too widely. In other cases, it's important enough to say that I'm not so worried whether people like it or not. I've also learned that when people react negatively, as some did to your last post, that it's more often about them than about me. I ran across a wonderful idea recently, that something doesn't become a personal crisis 'til it hits on our own personal emotional immaturity. I'm finding that very helpful in being able to see others who behave badly in a less negative, condemning light.
So Why did I start my blogging adventure? That is a good question. I was just a few weeks shy of delivering Abigail, and I had been thinking about it for awhile. Nedra and I talked about it one day, because she was always looking around blogs and seemed to understand more. She also suggested looking into blogger as the place to go, as she said the "granddaddy" of all blogging hosts.

At first I wasn't sure what I was going to make my blog about and I need a catchy title that described me and keep some sort of anonymity. I came up with combining nicknames, and jungle just seemed to fit.
Honestly, I thought my blog would be interest to my family and to my real life friends, but I quickly found new blogging friends.


I tried my hand at writing for a LDS women's blog and it did not go over so well, so I quit that and had to reevaluate my writing. I know I am not a great writer, never will be, but what I am is me. My blog became a place to talk about PPD, lowcarbing, music, whatever struck my fancy. I am not so great about writing about day to day activities or the fun things my children do. Truthfully, my journal is like that too. Perhaps I need to improve on that? My thoughts are an expression of me.



I also learned that with PPD I had to try to stay positive as much as possible. Sometimes when I rant, it is not so much, but we all need to rant. The one thing I don't want to do is talk badly of others. If I started to do that, it would be time for me to stop blogging.

I know I am a deeply sensitive person, and sometimes, many times get too emotionally discharged for my own good. Then it is hard for me to let go of those feelings. Sometimes, it gets in the way of thinking clearly and rationally.



If you also notice, as Nedra often teased me, I started other blogs! One could not be enough. One of them I stopped a few months ago because it became a monster and just needed to go. But the others are still up and running, even if I don't post there much.



....We Seek After These Things, is a really baby of mine. I love that blog. I don't post there much, but I try to put anything of a spiritual nature there. I wanted a haven of LDS thought, when I saw so many group blogs that did not want to support the leadership of the church. Again another positive place to put uplifting thoughts and ideas. Lately, I post my lesson outlines there, and I would like to think they help others.



Tigersue's Bookshelf, I started when I had a goal to read lots, and lots of books in a year. I logged my books and my pages with book reviews. I had intended to turn it to a website, but that hasn't happened, and since I have been working on other projects my reading has slowed down. I do expect to do the challenge again in a couple of years, and will probably log my books there again.



I thought it would be fun to have a place for my sister's and I to blog, so we came up with the Sister's Bourne Identity. It is just a place for fluff and fun, and I really enjoy it when I remember to use it.

Then I have the Bourne Bistro, where I started to post recipe's and invited other's to do the same. It is a slow blog, but I like it when I remember.



Where has my blogging taken me? It is an interesting path. I don't intend to stop blogging, but I was trying to come up with is it doing any good for me, for my family and for my friends? Do I need to approach it differently, or tone it down. I blog about me, and my thoughts, and not so much about family, and I think that is perhaps a disservice as well.


Now that I know how to publish my blog, (I'm still in the do I publish my blog, or copy and paste into a journal and publish it all in one place, undecided there, but I have a book in blurb nearly ready to go) it may turn into more of a family history, and I will try to post more pictures.
I'm not so good at that. I am not a picture taker in general, but Natasha and Collin both take fun pictures and I could utilize theirs I am sure.



I can't say I won't be so sensitive in the future, but I will try to control that part of me. It serves no good anywhere, but I will not stop trying to create a place of peace and safety for everyone and anyone that cares to read.



So with all that rambling, I will post another monster. Who knows another post maybe around the corner

No comments: