Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Stimulus bill

I have to say I was a bit dismayed to hear that the stimulus bill was never given to all the members of the house to read before the vote. The law states that there is to be 48 hours for the members of congress to read a bill before it comes up to a vote. This should concern anyone no matter what side of the isle you stand on. I even heard that lobbyists managed to have copies of it when republican house members could not get their hands on one.

I don't know if this sort of thing happened when the republicans were in control of congress, (that hasn't been often anyway over the years), but since when has breaking congressional law been appropriate? It makes me head shake my head in dismay.

No comments: