Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Better than Edward Cullen?

Many of you know I am not a Twilight fan. Again, not that I hate the stories, I just don't get the hype over them. As I was goofing around on facebook, looking at pieces of flair for my corkboard, I saw some that were listing literary characters better than Edward Cullen. So let's start a list. I am giving mine here, in no particular order.


  1. Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
  2. Mr. Bingley (Pride and Prejudice)
  3. Kelson Haldane (King Kelson's Bride, Deryni Rising)
  4. Alaric Morgan (Deryni Rising)
  5. Denis Arilan (Too bad he is a priest) (High Deryni)
  6. Duncan McClain (To bad he is a priest) (The Bishop's Heir)
  7. Captain Wentworth (Persuasion)
  8. Jamie McLeod (A Dance through Time)
  9. Patrick McLeod (A Garden in the Rain)
  10. Adam Gascoyne (Merlin's Keep)
  11. Nicolas Sabine (Moonraker's Bride)
  12. Rhys Thuryn (Saint Camber, Camber the Heritic)
  13. Kenneth Morgan (In the Kings Service, Childe Morgan)
  14. Any Hero written by Lynn Kurland, (See #8 and 9 to top the list)
  15. Matayas Furstan (King Kelson's Bride)
  16. Wil Ohmsford (The Elfstones of Shannara)
  17. Gilbert Blythe (Anne's House of Dreams)
  18. Amenemet (Dawn of Desire)
  19. Con TreMellyn (Mistress of Mellyn
  20. Lucian Farrel (Tregaron's Daughter)
  21. Westly the Dread Pirate Roberts (The Princess Bride)
  22. Matt Whitmore (Undercurrent Series) submittend by my darling daughter Natasha.
  23. Mr. Knightly (Emma) From Noelie
  24. Mr. Rochester (Jane Eyer) From Noelie
  25. Rhett Butler (Gone With the Wind From Noelie
  26. Legolas (Lord of the Rings) From Noelie
  27. Samwise Gamgee(Lord of the Rings) From Noelie
  28. Aragorn (Lord of the Rings)From Noelie
  29. Colonel Brandon (Sense and Sensibility) From Noelie
  30. Percy Blakney (The Scarlet Pimpernel) From Noelie


Okay there is my list of 20 (Actually more, but hey sis, if you want to name more of Lynn Kurland's go ahead and I will just list them all! Anyone else up to bite, (yes humor intended), give me your favorite hero's that are much better than Edward Cullen and I will add them to the list. Let's make this fun shall we!

No comments: