Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Letter Writing


Tonight my father shared a few letters writen by his mother, grandmother and a cousin. They were wonderful letters, filled with daily activities, and mention of gifts, and one that was full of wonderful advice.

It got us to conversing about the lack of "letter writing" today. I can't remember the last time I got a long meaningful letter from a friend. Not even via email. It has been a couple of years at least. Michael's parents always send a nice birthday card with a personalized note and letter. It is nice to receive. I am afraid I haven't kept track of them the way I should have. They are priceless to me.

My challenge to my readers is to write a letter to someone this week, a friend, a family memeber, a neighbor, and NOT EMAIL!!!!!!!!! Don't type it, there is value in a hand written letter, it is a legacy of who you are. Then send it. Yes, go down to that post office a buy a stamp and send it snail mail.

No comments: