Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Prayer roll names- discussion.

I was over at FMH again, reading some of the dribble over there. (Why I subject myself to the torment I have no idea?) Anyway on a post, in a particular thread I found the following comment,

On another note. I have heard stories of people who have placed names on the temple roll of various temples. Does it matter if your name is placed once or many times? Personally, I don’t think so, although I guess it is a nice gesture. I don’t think there is a tally in Heaven of how many times you name is written down and it equals the power of the blessing. I guess when I die that will be something I will come to understand…for now, I am content with just one name, one roll, one temple and keeping it to myself.

I thought it was a very interesting question, and one worth exploring. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with placing names in multiple temples, I personally have not done it, but I have asked family to place names on temples in their areas.
I personally feel, that the more prayers on benefit of others the better.

I have heard stories of people asking the prophet and apostles to pray for family members, I'm not sure I would do that. I am not one that thinks the prayers of those men are greater than the prayers offered in the temple. Would it be nice knowing that they are praying, yes, but since I do not know any of them personally, it would be a stretch wouldn't it?

So what is your opinion, and how do you feel? As a nurse, I come down on the side the more prayers the better. It certainly won't hurt.

No comments: