Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

splat!!!!!!!!!

Natasha and I went out together for some mother daughter time last Friday. She had the day off, so we went to the gemstone/jewlery faire. (I wish there were more gemstones!!!!!!!)

We spent a couple of hours inside looking around and having some fun. As we were walking to the car, I stepped on the curve. My left foot must not have cleared the ledge and next thing I knew I was falling, face first onto the rough sidewalk. My right knee hit first, then I did a great face plant. My hands and wrists took the brunt of the fall, and I hit my poor nose that has no flexibility what so ever. I could not believe that I did not break either wrist or my knee. I had some small bruises on my hand and knee and my nose was slight scrapped. I wanted to cry with the pain, but I also wanted to laugh.

Natasha said she wanted to laugh, but she didn't dare. I told her she could have, I mean how often do you see your mother fall face down and get up and walk away from it? I'm sure if someone was filming it would have been hysterical to watch.

I can say, I was filled with gratitude, one time that a trial struck, and I was grateful. I wasn't grateful that I fell, but I knew it could have been sooooo much worse in the consequence. So, today I am grateful for no surgery, no casts, and a nose that doesn't feel like sandpaper today.

No comments: