Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

RS lesson #19 Standing fast through the Storms of Life

I have been looking at my lesson to start the outline of it today. I have been putting it off because, frankly, I am not so good at trials. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts as I have read through this lesson 4 or 5 times now in the past couple of days.

1. Who, what, when, where, why and How?
2. Is there a difference between Storms of life and trials? What about trials and challenges? How does weaknesses fit in and effect our individual circumstances?
3. Why do we have trials
4. How do we learn knowldge, refinement, and empathy
5. Who do we learn empathy for?
6. Knowlege comes in the forms of patience, grace, and trust
7. What does it really mean to murmer. Is it more than complaining? Is it really the doubting of God and his goodness and love?
8. How do we express gratitude during times of trial? What should we be thankful for?
9 What does it mean to have "decision of character"?

I rarely use the questions in the back of the manual, although I look at them from time to time and sometimes they help me formulate my questions. I love the scriptures, but I don't often use the scriptures in the lesson because they are often in the quotes. One I will use this time will be Alma 7:23
23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

I will need to look up the rest of the scriptures in the lesson to see if there are any that will fit my outline. I am feeling the need to focus on, murmuring, and character. We will see how it goes. I'm not particularly fond of many of the quotes in this lesson, althought there are three that very much stand out to me. Again, that may change, it usually does as I start placing quotes and questions together. Pray for me!

No comments: