Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Relief society Lesson #17 The Plan of Salvation

You can ask Michael, I have been stewing over this lesson. Not that the concepts are difficult but they are very deep doctrine, and so very important. I think I have hit upon a basic outline. Once again the logic of the outline in the book is off, once I figure the reorder it seems to fall into place so much easier. So here is my basic outline,
1. introduction
2. Our eternal nature
3. Agency and consequence
4. Christ central to our salvation.
5. The need for a body to complete our progression and salvation.

In the book Christ is first, but I think if we discuss our eternal nature, and the concept of Agency then Christ's importance fits in nicely that way. I would love to have any thoughts on the lesson if you have read it. I find the section on our eternal nature to be incredibly profound, and once I read section 93 of the Doctrine and Covenants it is easier to comprehend Joseph Smith's knowledge. My biggest concern is keeping the lesson on track because we have at least 1 sister in our ward that is prone to sidetrack lessons.

No comments: