Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Daughter has been doing some thinking

Natasha came to talk to me this morning. She has been thinking about college some more and what she would like to do with he life. Up until now, she has wanted to do a degree in American Sign Language, but she is starting to change her mind. She might me more like her mother than I thought, and actually able to do what she is thinking.
She told me she would like to do music therapy. It makes me smile. I have not been one to really push my kids to do what I want with their lives, the most I came to was encouraging her to take the Pharmacy Tech program, mostly because it would give her a good career to work with to put herself through school. If she didn't want to do it, that would have been okay too, she thought about it and decided it was a good idea.
Music therapy on the other hand is not something I have really talked about much. I have had a desire to go back to school and get a degree in it, but it never worked out for me. Michael tried countless times for jobs in Logan, and they never panned out. So I figured I was wrong in my interpretation of something very sacred. If only I knew about it before I went to college. But how can I deny that going into nursing was the right thing for me to do. It blessed our lives considerably, particularly when Michael was working on his masters and some follow up classes for licensure in Utah.
Part of me wishes I would be able to do this degree, but I have come to accept that for me it will not happen. I think I am passed the time in my lifet that furthering my education is what I need to do.
Natasha on the other hand, I think she could do this. She is a sensitive soul, I don't think she would be able to handle nursing. That isn't to put her down, she is bright and intelligent and capable if she gives herself a chance. Nursing is hard, not the work, but the way women treat each other. It did me in. No, I don't see Natasha as a nurse, but a music therapist, you bet. That is where she might be like her dad. She has a way to see people sometimes, she can see things I can't, and feel things I can't. Part of having that sensitive soul I suppose. Besides, she wants to go to Logan to school, that will get her there!

No comments: