Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chicken Pox and other fun stuff

Michael took the kids camping the weekend of the 24th. They all of course got bitten by mosquitos but had a great time. I enjoyed my time at home, and mostly worked on Kendra's Christmas sock. (Note to self, get busy, you don't have much time left to get it done.)

A few days later, I noticed that the girls seemed to start showing more spots, and a friend suggested that they might have the chicken pox, and I agreed with her. Neither one had been sick, but Kendra had been complaining of feeling cold, (in the middle of summer mind you) and just itchy. I gave them zyrtec for a couple of days, and honestly the infection has not slowed them down. Kendra has had it worse with spots all over, from head to toe, and Abbie just a few on her back, arms, legs, and a couple on her face. Today, Kendra has more spots and it has been two weeks. What is up with that? And yes, they both have had the vaccine.

Otherwise, I have been enjoying the Olympics. We don't have cable so I only get to see what is shown on the main stations, which I don't mind for the most part. I enjoy the swimming, well I LOVE the swimming, I always have. There is nothing like seeing a great swimming race, and we weren't disappointed with the mens 4x100 relay were we. I mean, how often do you see that close of a race, not often. I am so glad the US pulled it off, but even with a loss it still would be one incredible race, just with a different outcome. Of course my swimming daughter, really enjoyed it since she could relate to the excitment of what is really going on.

I also enjoy the gymnastics, I perfer the men's over the ladies, and both events were a joy to watch. There is nothing like seeing a great routine, I don't care what team they are on, when it is done well it is spectular. I think I appreciate it even more because in Jr. High when we did our gymnastics rotation, I never could get over the vault, and I could do very little on the uneven bars; however I could manage a fair job on the balance beam. :)

In the meantime, I taught another lesson on Sunday, this time on The concept of Establishing Zion. It was an interesting lesson to put together, I wasn't sure about how it would go, but it seemed to go well. Trying to get the enthusiasm of Joseph Smith's vison was a true challenge.

Abbie, is making huge strides, in potty training. I have her now in underwear all day, except for naps and at nights. She has been a real trooper, and has done very well.

That is what I have been doing with my time, what about you?

No comments: