Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Monday, February 04, 2008

The New First Presidency


Since about 1984 President Monson has been my favorite apostle. (Is that kosher to say?) He inspired me in away that none other has. I eventually wrote a song in memory of the talk I heard, it is unpublished as yet because frankly I am terrible at writing compositions. I do have a letter from his office, and the copy write office tucked in my journal.
Although I hated the thought of loosing President Hinckley, I had looked forward to the special gifts and talents of President Monson. He is a giant among men, with a heart of gold, and an ability to inspire and make me reach higher, to be better, to listen to the spirit more.
That is what I look forward too, seeing how he will inspire the spiritual well being of the Saints. Inspire us to listen to the spirit, to follow promptings, to truly learn to listen to the spirit.
That is what I remember from his talks, how he can tell a story to make me want to grow spiritually, not just be a better person. He inspires to show more charity, to take care of those around us. I was touched by the story of his being able to attend all the funerals of the widows he served as bishop. It is so touching to think of the love the people had for him even at his young age as a bishop.
I love him, I really do.
His counselors are Henry B. Eyring
and
Dieter F. Uchdorf.

No comments: