Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I am grateful for..... those that serve in the military.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I realized, after I had written my post yesterday, I forgot that I was going to do one in honor of Veterans day. So I may be a day late on this, but it is in my heart today.
I am very grateful for those that serve in the military. I am afraid I do not have the courage to do so. It takes a very special person to dedicate even part of their life to this career and lifestyle. It can not be easy. At anytime you could be asked to give your life in defense of those around you. All to often they are maligned, spat at, yelled at, and accused of things that are unthinkable to most people. They are asked to serve in some of the most harsh environments, away from home, so that warfare not be brought to our soil.
I have had many different family member serve in the military. I have friends that have served, and I am sure will continue to serve for as long as they are capable of giving.
It can not be an easy thing, when the easy route would be to stay home and find some other job to do.
To live in a country where the military is all volunteer is humbling to me. It means so much to know that we do not have to me forced to serve, except in the most extreme circumstances, and even then, I think more men and women sign up to serve rather than wait for the draft to call them up.
So I give thanks to all the men and women that have served and continue to serve their country in a manner that I am to chicken to do so myself. No matter the political turmoil in this country, I will not be one to forget that it is you sticking your necks out so we can battle here at home in relative safety compared to the rest of the world. I can drive around without too much concern about the car next to me blowing up, or the person next to me ready to kill me just because of my religious belief.
Today I am grateful for those that serve in the military. May God bless you and keep you safe from injury, and may the words of those that would cause harm to you be softened and tempered in compassion and goodwill. May your families be blessed and comforted when you are apart, and compassionate arms surround them in the case you die for us all. Thank you for all you do.

No comments: