Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

I am grateful for.... modern medicine

I am grateful for medicine. You bet! You wonder why? Well it has been a week of shoulder, neck and back pain. You know the kind that you can't move your head in any direction, to lift is like a shock to the system and when laying down it is impossible to get comfortable. I am thankful for the doses of ibuprofen that seemed to help a small bit to make life more comfortable.

Then Friday afternoon, I started to have burning itching hands. With in a couple of hours I had small hives. I took some benadryl and still my hands burned and itched and were red. I took a couple of more pills. I crashed, Michael has to fix dinner (poor husband, no complaints). The next morning, I had a swollen lip, that spread to a swollen eye, and eventually my voice sounded like my son's changing voice. Michael took me to the Dr. who gave me a prescription for prednisone, :(, and Zyrtec. I am still sleepy, but no hives today. My face is slightly swollen and red but nothing like last night.

So yup, today I am grateful for modern medicine. (even if it will make me bloat up like a balloon, and through of my eating plan a bit, and make me gain back the weight I have lost over the past couple weeks, hopefully not the past few months.)

No comments: