Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just some random happenings

Last night I went to our enrichment night. I honestly haven't gone to many because I feel like such an odd one out. I went because I was asked to make these absolutely yummy,
peanut butter butterscotch squares.
1/4 cup butter
3/4 peanut butter
12 oz butterscotch chips
dash of salt
Melt together until smooth (I do this over a double boiler, but it works well in a microwave)
Add
1/2 cup icing sugar(powdered sugar for Americans!)
When stirred together, add 2 cups miniature colored marshmallows. You don't want these to melt so if you can slightly cool the mixture first they will not melt.
spread in a 8x8 buttered pan and chill. Cut into small squares. Kids are guaranteed to gobble these up!

They talked about food storage and emergency kits to some degree. I love food storage, unfortunately we have not been good about getting a year supply stocked up. Something always seems to happen when I feel like I'm getting close to a 3 month supply. We are always short. One of the things that does bother me is the emphasis on the 'basics' we forget that the basics are also so easy to form allergies to that we MUST have some other food stored as well or you will starve because you can't eat the grain, honey and milk that is stored. The human body is designed for variety and it does not do well with lots of grains in the system. I have a hard time getting that message understood. I had bought a great book called Food storage for the clueless and it really discusses the problems with our church's plan for a year supply of food. Not that I discount the wisdom of it. I will store grain, and honey and milk and beans, but I honestly don't think "I' will be able to eat it. I think it will be the church coming and asking for our food storage to share with those not prepared/or unable to access their storage. For example if an earthquake hit Provo, but Lehi was relatively unscathed I could see the request for our food storage to be shared. That is what I think much of our year supply of food is for.

I did not stay for the what I wanted to see because the room was so hot I was getting sick, and that was a presentation on keeping kids entertained through the summer months. I am sure it was very, very good.

Today I have just been running the basic errands that have to be done.

Tomorrow Michael is kidnapping me for our Anniversary, which is on Sunday this year.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: