Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Friday, April 06, 2007

I Am a Mother

I have just finished reading
    I Am a Mother
by Jane Clayson Johnson. I heard Sister Johnson speak last year on TV, they where playing her speech that she gave at Women's conference last year and this book carries on the them of her talk. I was wonderful to hear this woman that had quit an amazing career to be a mother. I think many women can relate to her feelings of turmoil and confusion as she heard mother's say, "I am just a mom." Why do we minimize this most valued and important calling we can have in our life. She gives many examples of women that she admired for their examples of motherhood. She gives quotes of prophets, women leaders in the church, and other important and significant writers as to the importance of mothers. Every woman should have a copy of this book in their homes, whether they are a mother of children or have been denied that blessing in this life. After reading this book I shall always look at my life as a mother as something more than what I have ever envisioned before.

I have also posted this on ...We Seek After These Things, and Tigersue's Book Shelf
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: