Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

I have always wondered if Daylight Savings Time really saves energy or not. Personally I hate changing the clocks and if there was a reason to move to Arizona or Hawaii it that would be it. I never adjust well to the time changes, and I'm always groggy and tired when either change goes into effect.

So I found this article today of a study done in Australia, I thought it was interesting. I have always wondered if there is a comparison study done. Of course there would have to be equalizing factors, such as Latitude and Longitude placement and population study. After all can you really compare Maine to Arizona? I don't think so. We all know that daylight hours remain more constant in the areas closest to the equator. Up north there would be less electricity for lights with the daylight lasting the majority of hours. In the winter the need for electricity increases. How does it all balance out. With the increase of daylight hours do we really save energy when there is more of an urge to be driving and recreating? I know for me the energy in the home balances out, we either need the lights on in the morning or the evening. Not much difference there in the long run. Just another thing to add to my fatigue and mess up my body clock.

No comments: