Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A year ago

It has been over a year since I started to realize that I was having trouble. I would have days that I would be so happy, and so full of joy, when suddenly I would be sobbing my eyes out at the side of my bed.
I did not want to leave home, for anything. To visit family, go to ward parties, and even going to church took every ounce of energy I had to get ready to go.
It was so confusing because I had and continue to have everything that I could want or need.
A great husband, four wonderful children, and a great future.
I'm grateful for medication that helps to some degree, and even more so for a wonderful spouse that can tell me when it is the depression talking and not me. Sometimes I really think I am nuts with my thoughts and he helps me keep it straight.

The kids are incredibly patient with a mom that is not herself, and the little ones just give her hugs all the time.

The promptings of the spirit are so soft, and so faint that I hold on to the things I know, until I can "feel" it like I used too so often in the past.

It is just good to know that I can slowly see improvement and hopefully in the next little while I can get off the meds that sometimes I wonder how much they help and how much they don't.

I need to feel that I'm back under my own power, that the imbalances in my brain will someday be normal again.

No comments: