Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Who will the women in the World look toward as examples to follow?

I am driving in my car today and listening to Sean Hannity. Of course he wasn't on today but the topic is the big "battle" between loud mouthed Rosie O'Donnel, and Someone else I don't care for Donald Trump.
Here you have Rosie as always spouting off at decibels that would hurt any normal person's ears, and Donald throwing back the insults as fast as she is.
As I was listening to the tapes and play backs of all the hostile words, and some of the other dribble spewed forth from the women of the view, I was lead to think about this months visiting teaching message.
I was particularly pondering this quote that was discussed in my home yesterday,

"God bless the Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. May the spirit of love, which has motivated its members for more than a century and a half, continue to grow and be felt over the world. May their works of charity touch for good the lives of uncounted numbers wherever they find expression. And may light and understanding, learning and knowledge, and eternal truth grace the lives of generations of women yet to come, throughout the nations of the earth because of this singular and divinely established institution. May they recognize, one and all, their great responsibility and blessing to be 'instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work' (Alma 26:3)" ("Video: Instruments in the Hands of God," Liahona and Ensign, Nov. 2005, 106).


Now as my teachers discussed this and how the women of the world will look to the relief society. I commented that there are many millions of women in the world that live in extremely conservative and in may cases repressed situations. If and when freedom can reach their lives and hearts who are these women going to look at for examples of living in a free society. Will they look at the extreme liberal, Rosie O'Donnel, with her Homosexual life, her attacking the right and good, and defending the terrorists in the same breath, or the women that are working hard to raise righteous families no matter the religion, the women that love and support their husbands, the women that are out there quietly serving?

What do you think, I know what I think.

No comments: