Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Musical Number update

My performance of "O Divine Redeemer" went well. I decided that much of the difficulty I was having was with the rehearsal piano, it was very out of tune. Yesterday at my practice I had to switch to my longer barrel and also pull it out above the cork line, I also had to pull the joint out to above the cork line. (This is not ideal to keep a clarinet in tune.) I also found I would then fight my long notes to keep them in tune and then I would go flat in holding the notes. My cut off would sound terrible. Some good practice on my own, and then playing with a good piano today made the difference.

I was glad that I had a chance to warm up before the meetings. We were late getting out of the house so I wasn't sure I would have a chance to try to warm up. I decided to switch reeds because the one I had chosen started to squeak when ever I would hit my mid "B", again not a good thing when it is a note that is played a lot in this piece of music.

I was grateful that I was able to try to play with some feeling and emotion to keep the spirit of the meeting. That is the talent that I'm grateful for. I may not have the abilities I used to have 20 years ago, but I'm glad I can still hold a beautiful tone and express the intent of the composition. I'm not sure I would want to keep playing if I lost that ability. I am glad for parents and family that have always supported me in this endeavor.

No comments: