Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The DaVinci Code

Michael and I were up to see a movie this morning at 9:30 am. Yes, that's right, this morning. You must think we are nuts, and I would question that too, but we have a daughter that works at the theaters and her shift started at 3:00. So if we wanted to go on a date this weekend we needed to it in the morning, bright and early. I do have to say that is the time to go. Even with it being Memorial Day weekend, a typically busy weekend for movie goers, there were only about 12 people in the theater. My tip, see movies in the morning, not only do you save money, but you can get your pick of seat!

As for the movie I enjoyed it very much. I have wondered what is it with the critics? I felt that the best job was done with the topic and story. Yes I missed a few points from the book, but knowing them made it okay. They weren't essential to the story but gave it a wonderful ending so I missed that a bit. I'm not sure why people complain about Tom Hanks haircut, I was fine with it. I thought the young actress playing Sophie: was enchanting. Of course I love Ian McClellan, I have enjoyed his acting from the time I first saw the Scarlet Pimpernel and became aware of who he was. I found myself walking away with my testimony of the Saviour deepened even more. I loved the words of Robert Langdon, "All the matters is what you believe." How true that is. When it comes to faith, what matters is what you believe. Even when it comes to this work of Fiction, if you have a testimony based on the Saviour and his divinity than you will not have a problem with it. If you are trying to base your belief on a work of fiction then that is a problem. It is important to remember that this story is what it is, a work of fiction. A clever story, woven with pieces of history and art to make something believable. A good writer can do that, make you believe in something fact or fiction. I have read many books where I get drawn into the story that the people seem real. In this case it isn't so much the characters put a plot that is driven by the basic question of "Who do it?" Nope, I'm not going to tell because if you haven't read the book I will not be the spoiler.

Also as par for the course, I have fallen in love with the music. For me the score makes a movie and I was swept away by the orchestrations. I had to go buy the CD to listen too. I'm glad I have a husband that puts up with my love of music.

No comments: