Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Things I concider when I Blog

I wasn't sure about doing this topic, because I'm afraid it could create some waves that I'm not sure I want to deal with at the moment, still it is part of me and how I have tried to live my life so I shouldn't have to be afraid to talk about it... RIGHT!
So what do I set as my personal guidelines in blogging? It really isn't much different from how I want to be in my real life, somewhat my real self. So here I go, with my list, shaking in my boots that I might cause some more problems. Such is Life, I suppose.
1. I will not say bad things about my husband, my children, my parents, my siblings, my friends or other family members. This is a public forum, with people who visit my blog, may also visit their blogs, and therefore I don't want to cause a problem or rift, that might effect how others see different individuals. I have always made it a point to try not to speak negatively about my spouse. He is the light of my life, and my anchor, the one that keeps me grounded and keeps me from letting my temper get away with me when it easily could. No, he isn't perfect but neither am I, I don't need to discuss our problems where others could see it and judge the situation harsher than it might otherwise would be. The same goes for any other family member or friend. If I'm going to discuss something negative I will not name, names, and If possible I will give a link to the "blog" or website involved so others can judge for themselves. That is how I felt with the DYM being attacked personally! My Children need positive feed back from their mother, they don't need any more negativity than I already am guilty of giving them. I want to be positive.
2. I will talk about what interests me. IT could be anything at a given moment, but right now my life is wrapped up with my family, I'm not getting much social interaction beyond that.
3. I'm generally serious in nature, even more so with this bout of depression. I hope to let what small sense of humor I have come out when I can. I'm just not as good at it as others, I hope to not compare myself to those wonderful bloggers out there.
4. Give credit, where credit is due. I'm slowly learning the ins and outs of blogging, and as I do so, I'm trying to link to sites, ideas, posts, whatever that might influence me in a given way.
5. I don't want to be passive, but be able to stand up for what I think. I'm not to great at this, I have never taken criticism well, but I will try to be better at that if I can.
6. HAVE FUN. After all, this is why I started this, as an exploration into who I am, and what makes me tick! I don't have many friends, and I don't do much with anyone outside of my family. Sometimes I feel a real empty hole there, and I hope to make this interactive and fill that hole and have fun in the process.
7. Not to Stress about it. I don't want to have to worry that I'm going to offend. I know it will happen, someone as opinionated as I am, will be bound to stir up some trouble, I just don't want it to be personal!
I hope that all makes some sense, It isn't funny, but just me! I want to be fair, and happy, and share what love of life I have. I want to be able to share what I have learned in this journey of life, laughter, tears, joy and sorrow.

3 comments:

Téa said...

Thank for explaining your blogging philosophy--you did so with sincere thoughtfulness. I'm blessed to know you in person, so I can know from my experience that your online presence isn't a façade--you are who you are (no popeye jokes, please).

FrogLegs said...

You shouldn't worry about offending people- heck this is YOUR "journal" of sorts! :) They don't like it, they can click the box gone.

Michael said...

You have the right reason to blog in my opinion, and it is another way I get to know you, while I'm at work...Love, Wolf