Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

O Savior Thou that Wearest a Crown

Today was ward conference and the focus of the meeting was on keeping the Sabbath day Holy.What does it mean, and how can we make it what it truly is, not just a day of the weekend, but a day of Worship. It was brought up, that we dontoften think of attending our Sunday meetings as Worship, and this is what it is, we are going there to worship the Lord and renew our covenants. What is our frame of mind, do we really appreciate the symbol of the sacrament table, and the sacrament. D&C 16-18 states;
16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit-and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink.
It was the first time I noticed the word shrink in a new light, and moved me so deeply that I cant believe that I never noticed. The Savior became so real and so personal to me at that moment as I realized he was afraid that he would not be able to do it. That he was afraid he would fail in the important task. How many of feel that we fail or can not measure up to expectations. The fact is Heavenly Father trusts us, and knows that if we do all we can, we will not fail in our tasks. If his Son, the only perfect being to live on the Earth felt that He could fail, than imagine how much easier it is for us to have thoseemotions. I knew He had felt the way we do in so many things but this statement of shrink, made my soul cry for the Savior in a manner that I never had thought before. To think of his great love for us, that he was afraid that he would not be able to do it. Does this not want to bring to me more reverence for the sacrament, more reverence for my activities on the Sabbath day. I want to pay more attention to my scripture, and more fervent and humble prayers. Oh how my soul sings this day for the love of Christ, and all that he has done. What a marvelous day the Sabbath is, to remember Him, and strive to be more like him through the week, to be prepared once again to worship on His day.


O Savior, Thou Who Wearest a Crown
1. O Savior, thou who wearestA crown of piercing thorn,The pain thou meekly bearest,Weighd down by grief and scorn.The soldiers mock and flail thee;For drink they give thee gall;Upon the cross they nail theeTo die, O King of all.
2. No creature is so lowly,No sinner so depraved,But feels thy presence holyAnd thru thy love is saved.Tho craven friends betray thee,They feel thy loves embrace;The very foes who slay theeHave access to thy grace.
3. Thy sacrifice transcendedThe mortal laws demand;Thy mercy is extendedTo evry time and land.No more can Satan harm us,Tho long the fight may be,Nor fear of death alarm us;We live, O Lord, thru thee.
4. What praises can we offerTo thank thee, Lord most high?In our place thou didst suffer;In our place thou didst die,By heavens plan appointed,To ransom us, our King.O Jesus, the anointed,To thee our love we bring!
Text:Karen Lynn Davidson, b. 1943. © 1985 IRI
Music: Hans Leo Hassler, 15641612; adapted by J. S. Bach, 16851750
2 Nephi 2:69
Matthew 27:2631, 3435

6 comments:

Téa said...

Very nice thoughts, coming from a wonderful day of spirit-filled worship and study. I want to go listen to that hymn now.

Michael said...

I thought I'd take a moment and catch up since I had last read some entries. You had shared some the the same insights with me, and added the song... some the reasons I really love you, are the strong testimony you emulate...Thankyou for the fun mentions of Kendra, and joy of sharing life together. You will make good changes, I have that faith in you too, and I love you always anyway...Wolf

Michael said...

Hi, I just tried to go to Cindilou's blog, but could not leave a comment b/c of needing to be a blogger, and it didn't accept the blog address we set up for me...So let her know I visited and enjoyed the journey and wished her a wonderful day...Wolf

Lei said...

Love that... yes I often think of he and J. Smith when I think I cannot do something I know I must do and am carried through it. Good insight.

David B. said...

Even Christ had to have faith in order to accomplish his work and mission on earth. He had to have faith in the Father's plan, and he had to have faith in himself that he could do it. He prayed for help and strength, and the angels came and ministered unto him.

I love that song too. It has a beautiful melody, the words are very touching (and the added bonus that the bass part is really fun to sing!)

Tigersue said...

Well David, I know how much you like Baroque music. ;) So glad to see you back! We missed you.
thanks for coming by Lei! I always enjoy your comments.