Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Google Groups : alt.books.deryni

Google Groups : alt.books.deryni
The Good news is......
Katherine Kurtz has turned in her new book, hopefully to be released at the end of the year. I think I anticipate these books more than any of the Star Wars Trilogy. That is saying quite a bit since I waited for those with baited breath!
As always the hiarchy of women that seem to have KK ear are having a war over the merits of Characters and which are better or more noble. You name it, they debate it. I personally have my favorites and I enjoy all the hero's, no matter their faults, after all she gives them personality and dimension, no one has all the good and all the bad rolled into one. There are villians that are terrible people but most even have a moment where you can see something redeeming, (yes there are some that have none), but the heros all have faults and problems, and don't always get along. That for me is what makes her books interesting, and worth reading. I have loved them from the time I was 15 or 16 years old, and have never lost my passion for them since.

1 comment:

Noelie said...

You know there seems to be a group of women like that everywhere sweetie. The ones that think that they own a corner on the market of what is right and proper, and how things should be seen with books. Head over to The Jedi Force forums, check out the moderators and you have pretty much the same situation, even though everyone is just "playing" and it all belongs to George or Katherine as the case may be, anyway.

I love KK's books too, but I found that whole crew just too offputting. The one thing though that they did bless me with, is to quit being so hard on myself about my own talents. If the one can be seen as an "artist" legitimate in her own right, I suppose I can in some small corner of my world consider myself a musician.