Welcome to Tigersue's Jungle. Here you may find a Jungle of thoughts and idea's. You may never know what you will find!
Yes, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am a wife, a mother, a sister, and a friend.

Monday, February 27, 2006

7 songs

David at the Whole Note has meme of which songs you are into right now. Here are the rules.
The rules:

List 7 songs you're into right now. No matter the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs.

The rules want you to tag 7 other people, but I don't really want to do that. If you decide to make your own list, post it on your own blog. Then leave a comment telling me that you participated, and I'll go over to your blog to take a look at your list.


Okay here is my list

1.The Touch of Your Hand, by the Nylons This is one is one of my most favorite love songs out there. Great for dancing too. Now for me it must be my song with my husband, I'm sure he has another he prefers, but hey this is my list! It makes me think of the first time that we saw each other at a dance, (this is after he broke off his engagement, and a couple of nights earlier he told me wouldn't date anyone in the ward, or get married until he had his master's degree) he grabbed my hand to walk me through a crowd of people and didn't let go..... Hummm, I didn't let go either. ;)

2. condition of Despiration by Ben Carson This is from the Pride and Prejudice CD, not the new movie, the one that came out a couple of years ago, with a LDS theme.

3.When You Believe from The Prince of EgyptDo I need to say anymore about this one?

4.Selected Music from Pirates of the CarribeanOkay so I love great movie music, with sweeping scores. Just listen to Jack Sparrows entrance and you know what I mean.

5.Let's Face the music and Dance by Diana KrallThis lady has a wonderful voice, great Alto, I can actually sing along with her!

6.Music from River Dance Want to get up and do a jig! How can you not like the toe tapping, clogging music. Some day I will post the words to a song from the CD that I love.

7.Just about anything by John WilliamsAgain a movie score sucker! Is there anything better than "Battle of the Hero's"?

Do I have to stop, I could go on, and on.

Okay now here is the real list of what I'm into right now! This is in my daily mandatory repertoire.

1. Pop Pop Pop(Okay you know how to speak Kendra's Language, Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree!
2. If You're Happy and You Know It!
3. I Am a Child of God
4. My Heavenly Father Loves Me
5. Do as I'm Doing
6. The Wheels On the Bus
7. Pop Pop PoP
Can you tell what song she really likes to try to SING!

5 comments:

David B. said...

That's quite an eclectic list you have there! I'm afraid I don't know a lot of them.

One thing great about music is the variety that is available.

Thanks for participating.

Téa said...

Ooooh, I recently heard a fun variation for your apricot tree lovers, Hopcorn Hopping. I'm sure you can guess the movement additions =)

Amen on the John Williams!

I posted my answers to this on my blog--not nearly as varied as yours, well, maybe like your list for the younger set.

MomR said...

i also love the music from Pirates of the Carribean. I always notice the music in the movies. It really does add.

bettybetty said...

those kids songs are the G R E A T E S T! aren't they

Michael said...

Great selection, I know I've listened to all of them with you, even if I don't recognize them all by title and author. I am greatful you have converted me to enjoying music--classical, country, and pop are fun, and classical is not just elevator music--a point of view that has progress for almost 18 years and counting...
Wolf